Directing Scene Selections F52
SDC List of Scenes for 2020
1. Indecent by Paula Vogel TCG. P. 56-67. Beginning with Madje: “Husband, that was Lemml on the phone”; ending with Asch “If you get this, will you please respond.” 2 women, 3men – doubling roles.
2. Sweat by Lynn Nottage. TCG. p. 95-105. Beginning with Chris: “They better not come at me again' to Tracey: “Stan?”. 5 men, 1 woman
3. References to Salvidore Dali Make Me Hot by Jose Rivera. TCG. P. 20-33. Beginning with “Cat and Coyote howl in heat” to Mati'n: “You're incontinent. Shakespeare said” 3 men, 2 women
4. Harlem Duet by Djanet Sears, Scirrocco Drama. P. 64-74. Beginning with Magi: “And you know what he says…!” to Othello: “My skin is not me.” 2 women, 1 man.
5. Spring Break DOS MIL QUINCE by Diana Grisanti. In Humana Festival 2015: The Complete Plays, Playscripts. p. 42-47. Entire play. 5 men, 4 woman
6. Old Flame by Mia Gibson. In Off Off Broadway Festival Plays, 38th Series, Samuel French, p. p. 35-45. Entire Play. 2 women, 2 men.
7. A Map of Virtue by Erin Courtney. In The Downtown Anthology, Playscripts. p. 19-28. Beginning with Bird Statue: “In the Middle of the Night….” To “See-eyed.” 2 women, 3 men. (single script also available on www.playscripts.com)
8. Phoebe in Winter by Jen Silverman. In The Downtown Anthology, Playscripts. p. 19-28. Beginning with Boggett: “Not the Liam you were expecting!” to “ Lights flicker into darkness.” (single script also available on www.Playscripts.com)
9. The Three Sisters by Anton Chekhov adapted by David Mamet. Grove Press, p. 78-84. Beginning with Irina: "Yes, really, our Andrei has lost weight." to Andrei: "No...'income'...no..." 4 women (one non-speaking), 2 men (+recorded voice of man singing)
10. Uncommon Women and Others by Wendy Wasserstein. Dramatist Play Service. P. 44-49, scenes 6-7. Beginning with Man's Voice: “The college maintains that along with knowledge….” To “slides the raccoon coat over her head. Music swells, lights fad out.” 1 man voice over, 5 women.